Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Clean Hands and Pure Heart

He who has clean hands and a pure heart, 
who does not lift up his soul to what is false, 
and does not swear deceitfully. 
He will receive blessing from the LORD, 
and vindication from the God of his salvation.
Psalm 24:4-5

Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees (Isaiah 35:3).

Stretch forth your hand towards God as an infant towards its father to be conducted by Him. -- St. Francis de Sales

Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he had come from God and was going to God, rose from supper, laid aside his garments, and girded himself with a towel (John 13:3-4).

But before all this they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors for my name's sake (Luke 21:12).

When it was demanded, he quickly put out his tongue and courageously stretched forth his hands, and said nobly, "I got these from Heaven, and because of his laws I disdain them, and from him I hope to get them back again." As a result the king himself and those with him were astonished at the young man's spirit, for he regarded his sufferings as nothing (2 Maccabees 7:10-12).

I will see the hand of God in all that happens to me, attributing nothing to individual people, who are but instruments used by Him in the work of my sanctification. -- Blessed Raphaela Mary

When our hands have touched spices, they give fragrance to all they handle. Let us make our prayers pass through the hands of the Blessed Virgin. She will make them fragrant. -- St. John Vianney


"Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!" (John 13:9)

Body Abides in Confidence

In the shelter of Your wings, we find our peace,  A refuge from the storm, where fears cease.  You are the source of every good and perfect ...