Thursday, April 21, 2011

Part in Christ

Then he poured water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which he was girded. (John 13:5)

He came to Simon Peter; and Peter said to him, "Lord, do you wash my feet?" Jesus answered him, "What I am doing you do not know now, but afterward you will understand." (John 13:6-7)

Peter said to him, "You shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered him,

"If I do not wash you, 
you have no part in me." 
John 13:8

Simon Peter said to him, "Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!" (John 13:9)

Jesus said to him, "He who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but he is clean all over; and you are clean, but not every one of you." For he knew who was to betray him; that was why he said, "You are not all clean." (John 13:10-11)

When he had washed their feet, and taken his garments, and resumed his place, he said to them,

"Do you know 
what I have done to you?"
John 13:12

You call me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am.  If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you. (John 13:13-15)

Body Abides in Confidence

In the shelter of Your wings, we find our peace,  A refuge from the storm, where fears cease.  You are the source of every good and perfect ...